About our Chaplain, Doug Childers...
If I could wrap up my purpose in life into one sentence, it would have to be the following statement; bringing Hope into what seems like a hopeless situation. As a Chaplain, most calls I receive put me in the midst of someone else’s crises. Once invited into this crises, it becomes imperative to remain calm so a resolution can be envisioned by everyone involved. After the crises is calmed down then hope can be introduced into someone’s life. Whether the crises is self inflected or a crises happens because of life itself, there is hope.
- 23 years as Pastor in Dallas and Ferris Texas
- 13 years as Pastor of Midway Baptist Church in Ferris
- 19 years living in the Ferris Community
- Member of Disaster Services with American Red Cross
- Founder/President of Police Chaplain’s Network (PoliceChaplains.net)
- Board member of Christian Community Outreach of Ferris
- Graduate from Dallas Baptist University in 1992 with a degree in Pastoral Ministry and a degree in Theology
- Basic Chaplain Certification and Master Chaplain Certification from International Conference of Police Chaplains
- Wife of 31 years, Terri Childers
- Son: Daniel Childers (30 years old) Private Care CNA
- Daughter: Laci Childers (26 years old) Critical Care Nurse for Methodist Hospital